Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I have a dream

Known worldwide for its climactic "I have a dream" passage, Martin Luther King's famed 1963 speech impacts lives throughout the world.It inspires interracial harmony, but - even more demanding - the personal development of a "dangerous unselfishness" that would lead to economic and social justice.

What are some of the dreams we have for our society and country?

These are some of my dreams.

I have a dream that people in the world will be less cold and clinical but warmer and kinder towards one another.

But first it will take people. People who want it to be different and who will give anything to make it different. People who are selfless, who don’t consider their safety, their job, their position, their business, their home, their life, their opinions; people who consider the world of others.

I dream of a movement of change. I dream of the real power of the people.

I dream of a cosmic movement—of stars and galaxies, of sun and earth, of continents and nations. Of leaders and senators and reresentatives. Of business people and the homeless.
Of you and me.

I have a dream that one day our country will be truly united. That one day every person and country will learn to tolerate and accept each other in the real sense and not on a superficial level.

That one day every child all over the world will have shelter and food and a happy childhood.

That one day there will be no more war.

That one day the streets will be empty of the homeless, because the homeless will have homes.

That one day lives will be free of drugs and people will find real happiness.

That one day all the peoples of the whole world will again find new hope and joy in life.

I have a dream that people in influential positions will work to end famine and diseases that are sweeping Africa and Asia.

That the newspapers would say what’s really happening and not let money decide what they print.

That the world could live in community.

But those are dreams, and dreams take work. Someday, I hope they will become realities.

I have a dream that one day all violence in the world will cease and that all people in the world will be able to live together in peace and harmony.

I have a dream that one day that all the streets in the world will be an uplifting place to walk.

The ugly alleyways of the poor neighborhoods will be a place for boys and girls of all colors alike to play tag or catch with each other.

Robbers, thieves and murderers and the stink and filth which would have made these alleys prime hiding places for such men, will have vanished.

I have a dream! Every kid will know a wholesome family life with two parents who love each other and their kids.

There will be a day when little girls accompanied by their teenaged siblings will skip rope and play hopscotch on the sidewalks of the slums, away from the corrupting TV shows.

Drugs and gangs will have no place in our cities.

People will be unable to murder their fellow men after meeting them face to face in the daylight of this new time.

I have a dream that one day there will be peace in Northern Ireland, Israel, the Middle East and Iraq.

I have a dream that one day there will be no more debts to pay.

I have a dream that one day everyone will be judged equally.

I have a dream that one day no man will rule over another man.

I have a dream that one day all men will be free in the real sense of the word.

I have a dream that one day there will be no hatred.

I have a dream that one day there will be no rich and poor.

I have a dream that one day the world will lift its eyes and see that violence is not the answer.

I have a dream that one day, brother shall not fight against brother.

There shall be no difference of race but all shall live as one great family: great in love, in peace, in joy.

There shall be no rich, no poor, no downtrodden and despised, but all shall be equals in love; men, women, and children.

I dream that from ocean to ocean, from earth to sky the message of love will speed with the wings of an eagle and the fins of a dolphin and the paws of a leopard until all creation might raise its voice in song of praise; joyful praise to the Creator.

These are my dreams.

Do you have yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home