Thursday, April 28, 2005

How efficient are we?

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself,and apply myself to them, if they will not
apply themselves to me. "
~Michel de Montaigne, Essays 1588

How efficient are we?

If we are climbing up a ladder, why is it that at that very moment we begin to think "what would happen if I fell off?" or "would anyone see or hear me if I fell off?"

Sometimes our thoughts are not efficient at all. It might be better to think of these things at a different time.

If you find that these negative beliefs are constantly distracting, it might be good to set a specific time during the day (maybe in the evening) when it would be a better time to go over your accumulated thoughts from the day.

Then you can proceed to view these negative thoughts imbued in a positive light.

Do we complain that rose bushes have thorns or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses?

So is the water in the glass half empty or half full?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home